The Land Still Speaks To Us – DVD
The Land Still Speaks To Us is the first in a series of documentaries on mountain heritage spoken by the voices of elders in Western North Carolina. The film depicts the agricultural life that was lived not very long ago, how people prepared their food, connected to family, community, land and faith and what it means to them today to continue their traditions. Will we carry on the torch or let this vibrant cultural legacy disappear in the fog of modern conveniences?
For bulk purchases of the DVD (more than 5) click here.
To show this film at your festival or organizational gathering, click here.
A Magical Evening with Dom Flemons
- Stay home if you feel ill, especially if you are experiencing a fever, cough and/or shortness of breath.
- Cover your coughs and sneezes with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
Great Flood of 1916 DVD
- Henderson County Genealogical and Historical Center, 400 N Main St, Hendersonville, NC 28792, Hendersonville, NC (828) 693-1531
- Highland Books, 277 N Broad St, Brevard, NC 28712 (828) 884-2424
- Mountain Gateway Museum, 102 Water St, Old Fort, NC 28762 (828) 668-9259